#9 | The Johnson Ferry House
The Johnson Ferry House, an early 18th-century gambrel roof farmhouse and tavern near the Delaware River, was owned by Garret Johnson, who operated a 490-acre colonial farm and a ferry service across the river in the 1700s.
The house was likely used by General Washington and his officers during the Christmas night crossing of the Delaware. The keeping room, bedchamber, and textile room are furnished with local period pieces, similar to the furniture used by the Johnson family from 1740 to 1770.
The site also includes an 18th-century kitchen garden.
The Ferry House offers exhibits, tours, demonstrations, and occasional recreational and educational events.
- Wednesdays-Saturdays: 10 am-12 pm & 1 pm-4 pm
- Sundays: 1 pm-4 pm.